As you are no doubt aware, we have been searching for some time now for a new ‘home’ to replace the Mildmay Hall from which we are being forced to move. After several weeks and a great deal of background work by the committee we have now been successful in obtaining a new venue. The changes to the Club are as follows…
- Fencing will no longer be on a Tuesday night but will now take place each Wednesday evening. The time remains unchanged ie 8pm until 10pm. Please note that for the immediate future, beginners will be accommodated within this time
- The new venue will be…
- Jubilee Sports Hall, St John Payne Catholic School, Patching Hall Lane, Chelmsford, CM1 4BS
- The entrance to the Hall is actually in Partridge Avenue which is just past the main school entrance and left at the roundabout. There is lots of free parking right outside the Hall
- Our first day of fencing at the new venue will be Wednesday 21st August 2013 – however, much of this evening could be taken up by us moving in.
- The plan for moving is as follows…
- Tuesday 20th August will be our last day of fencing at the old venue. We will cease fencing around 9pm and we will then need as many people as possible to help us pack all of the equipment, kit etc into a van that we will be hiring.
- The following evening – Wednesday 21st – we will again need as many people as possible to help to unpack the kit in the new venue (SJP). Unfortunately, the School would not allow us to move in at a weekend which was our original intention.
- Once we are settled in our new ‘home’ over the coming weeks there will be a number of other changes as we intend to relaunch and rebrand the club. In the meantime, we shall do as much as possible to ensure that your fencing experience is not affected too greatly during the transition period
- During the move, we would be grateful for as much help as possible on the 2 days so that everything is not all left to the committee and a few others. Lots of people have already given up their free time to secure a suitable replacement venue (it was no easy task) and a little of your time to shift some kit would be invaluable. We don’t anticipate the move out or in to take much more than an hour or two each night.
Finally, can you please inform anyone that you might know about these important changes. We will be contacting everyone for whom we have details (another task when settled will be for us to update the membership details!) and there will be a copy of this message on the Facebook page. We will also be leaving details at the Mildmay Hall in case anyone turns up there in the future but inevitably there will be those who ‘slip through the net’.
Thank you for your continued support of the Club. We feel sure that you will like the new venue which does, in fact have better facilities than we are used to.
Onwards and Upwards!